Mary Cummings Park
An over two hundred acre public park which was given in trust to the City of Boston by Mary Cummings for the purpose of keeping the land forever open as a public pleasure ground. This land offers fields, forests, trails, wetlands, and a variety of wildlife habitats for public enjoyment.
With much help from the good folks at LL Bean, we have cleared out most of the trails throughout the park. Next, we will be adding more trail signs to make navigation the park easier.
Your Event at the Park
For larger organized events you can apply for a permit with the City of Boston using their form. Call the number on the form for details. Please contact Burlington Recreation Department for more information on reserving playing time at Marvin Field, Rotary Field or the new soccer Field on Blanchard Rd.
This 2012 Vision document represents the concerted effort of a small number of people working over many months gathering as much as possible to create a broad framework for Mary Cummings Park moving forward. We are very proud of the result, but the process is not complete until we have heard from you. So, please let us know what you think and what we could improve and how you might like to help.
Please help us move forward!! Friends of Mary Cummings Park Inc is a recognized 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- "Ground broken on Mary Cummings Park improvements"
- Town of Burlington Completes New Playing Field, Parking Area, Picnic Areas and Walking Path at the Park
- Western Woburn Greenways Study Presentation and Full Report
- Babylon Hill Trail Clean-up
- Boston Globe: "Burlington, Boston reach deal on park"
- 6th Annual Memorial Lantern Walk at Horn Pond, Woburn May 29th 7:30pm to 9:30pm
- Annual Meeting is Monday, April 4th
- Update: Muller Glen PDD withdrawn
- Woburn, state officials celebrate Whispering Hill property closing
- 3rd Annual Friends of Mary Cummings Park Art Contest Awards Ceremony